Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Anthony and Lopez mull collaborative tour

The image “http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20070723/000d60aa06df080e625d36.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

They've acted in films together and collaborated on each other's albums, and now husband-and-wife team Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez are mulling a combined tour.

"Jennifer has never toured," Anthony told Billboard. "I've toured all my life. This is where I can step in and say, 'Oh, my God, this could be fun,' and introduce her to that world."

He added, "It is something she's always wanted to do, but she's never had the time. And I was offered many more films I never took advantage of because I was always on tour. So, yes, we're seriously talking about going out this year (and) putting together an amazing show with just her and myself."

Asked how he balances his own projects with those on which he and Lopez collaborate, Anthony said that "a big part of mine and Jennifer's connection is the understanding that we have a passion for what we do. So, it's just a natural progression to be involved. Me, I cannot sit down and have a conversation about image. That's her strong suit. She picks me up where I'm weak and I elevate her where she's weak. That's where the true partnership comes in."

Anthony is about to hit the big screen in "El Cantante," a biopic of salsa legend Hector Lavoe. Lopez stars in the film as Lavoe's wife, Nilda. The film's soundtrack, to be released July 24, is Anthony's ninth studio album and the first from his new venture with Sony BMG.

"I settled on celebrating (Lavoe's) approach to music," Anthony said of the soundtrack. "I was going to try to learn his phrasing, and try to stay true to what he offered as a singer. That was No. 1. Once I made that decision, I realized that I was in deep s--t, because the hardest part of this whole project was the music -- singing like him, understanding his phrasing. That's when I realized his true genius. That's why they called him 'el Cantante de los Cantantes' (Singer of Singers)."

Anthony said his dedication to salsa will not push future projects to the back burner. "I'm really inspired to do another Spanish ballad album, because (2004's) 'Amar Sin Mentiras' was really groundbreaking for me personally," he said. "It's another way for me to express myself. I think I'll be ready in a couple of months to press the button on a Spanish pop album. As far as (an) English (album) is concerned, I'm not that enthused right now, although I have a couple of tracks I'm into."


No comments:

Label Cloud